We welcome your contributions! Through writing for Lotus Power Health, you can share your wisdom with the world, helping Audrey in her mission to spread natural solutions for women’s health and wellness and improve lives.
Now, we invite you to please carefully read the guidelines and requirements below!
Write For Us
So you want to write a guest post for Lotus Power Health?
Well you’re in luck, because we’re always on the lookout to add some awesome talent to our team of Contributors!
But before you start your masterpiece, let’s make sure we are on the same page.
First item of business:
We do not accept unsolicited submissions. We DO accept brief pitches for blog posts (see instructions below), and if we like your writing and your idea, we may invite you to contribute.
We do not accept content from marketing agencies on behalf of their clients. We only accept content from bloggers and health experts.
Second item of business:
There’s a contribution fee requested for each submission (you will find more details about this below). This is NON NEGOTIABLE!
The reason we’re a bit tight with our guidelines when it comes to guest submissions is that we take a lot of pride in delivering only the best content to the LPH community AND this is not the core of our business. So, we’re looking for inspirational and educational content from health and wellness experts who have great advice to offer and a knack for writing. Having said that, once your article has been accepted, we’ll promote your articles both on our newsletter and on our social media profiles!
Our mission is to get:
- OUR AUDIENCE the best content on women’s natural solutions for women’s health and wellness, and
- YOU as much exposure as possible.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Read on.
PLEASE NOTE: We typically respond to contribution requests within 14 days. But since we get far too many requests, we are unable to respond to every message. We can only respond to those we choose to move forward with. Also, if your pitch does not adhere to the guidelines below, you will not receive a response.
– Women’s Health & Wellness is our passion and what we’re all about. We cover mindfulness, food, movement, health, relationships, beauty, essential oils and more things pertaining to women’s health & wellness specifically.
– It has to be high quality. We have some seriously high standards when it comes to our content. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked to go through multiple revisions and edits before we publish it.
– It’s original. This one is pretty obvious. If your article has been published anywhere else before, we don’t want it.
– Know our audience. Lotus Power Health is all about providing quality, actionable content around natural solutions for health and wellness for women, and anything within that ecosystem. All articles are to be written bearing in mind that our audience is global.
– It’s actionable. Our main requirement is that your article provides useful and actionable advice to our audience.
– In-depth but concise. We don’t have word requirements, but our feature posts tend to run somewhere between 600 and 2,000 words. We like for our content to be detailed and dive deep, but we don’t want it to drone on or be repetitive.
– Source all health claims. If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. Use links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets: [https://facebook.com/lotuspowerhealth]
– You’re promoting the post after it goes live. Contributors are asked to promote the live post on their social media channels.
– You’re ready to do your part to promote. Of course, Lotus Power Health will email out your blog post to the women on our mailing list, as well as promote it on our own social media networks. We’ll also keep sending traffic to your blog post even months after it’s been published. But, make sure that you do your part as well to share your post. Let everyone in your networks know about it. Together we can ensure that your post becomes a massive success!
– Re-posting. Once published on the Lotus Power Health blog, contributors are not permitted to re-post their article on any other websites or media outlets.
– Content rights. If we do not end up publishing your contribution, you are free to use this article anywhere else on the web. We do not own the rights to your piece.
How to Pitch
– Email us your idea at audrey (at) lotuspowerhealth.com. Only the idea, not the finished product. Please write “BLOG pitch for Lotus Power Health” in the subject line and include in the body of the email:
- Two to three suggestions for a headline for your idea.
- One to two sentences summarising the main idea of the post, not to exceed 120 words.
- A basic outline of what you intend to write, and what direction you want to take.
- Links to 3 previous samples that are similar to what you would write for Lotus Power Health.
- Your acceptance of the contribution fee of USD 50.- (see below for more details as to what we use this for).
– Each piece of published content will include a bio box, link to your site and two social media links of your choice.
– If your pitch is accepted, then we’ll ask you to submit a draft. Please note that a successful pitch does not automatically ensure your piece will be published.
Note: Articles need to be written in proper English. We will be reviewing the tone of voice of the article to make it match what our audience likes to read but we will not spend the time rewriting the article.
And that’s all there is to it for now!
USD 50.- contribution fee for non-promotional content
When the posts are not promotional in nature, we charge a small fee of USD 50.-.
This fee covers:
– the time spent reviewing and publishing the blog post to make sure it fits the voice of Lotus Power Health,
– inclusion and promotion of the blog post in the newsletter,
– evergreen promotion on social media (IG, Twitter, FB page + group, Pinterest); this means that we will keep promoting your article even after it has been published.
This is due to the fact that our core business is creating trainings and serving our clients, not publishing content.
The contribution fee is non negotiable.
When the content is promotional in nature, scroll down for more details.
Sponsored posts | Promotional content
For posts that are more promotional in nature, for example if you’d like us to review a product or service you are selling, please contact us directly by email at audrey(at)lotuspowerhealth.com with title “Sponsored post idea for review”. If the topic is of interest to our community, we can then discuss further the details and the fee.
A sponsored post is here viewed as the honest review of a specific product or service by Audrey.